Saturday, August 16, 2008

7 Days Left

The countdown has officially begun.

One week from today Hannah Robinson will become Hannah Keagle. There are so many things left to be done I feel like a deer caught in the headlights.

Today will be filled with lists; shopping lists, cleaning lists, repair lists, decorating to-do lists…

The garden is in pretty good shape. Thanks to Esther, and her crews of workers. They took all the real hard labor out of it for me. They worked so hard, and there were so many people, I have to wonder if I would have made Tom and Dan hate helping me garden by the time this time.
It still isn't quite as full as I would have thought it would be. The rains that came the week of the accident washed away a lot of seeds that I didn’t have time to replant. Plus, I lost the entire month of June. But a lot can still happen in a week, and it will be beautiful. All-in-all it's the prettiest it has ever been.

Hannah spent most the day in tears when she found out that they were calling for rain on her wedding day. Only scattered storms and 60 percent chance at that. Nothing a little prayer can’t ward off. I would feel better about it if it was only 40 percent chance, but who knows, maybe that will change as well. Truth is, the roll of thunder and dark days has framed this entire summer.

Today is “finish all projects and cleaning day.”

I always dreamed of one of my girls having their wedding in the garden. Be careful what you pray for…you just might get it.

Rhonda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain is good luck at a wedding. It stormed at mine and mine was at the beach. The sun broke out for a short period during the ceremony. I'm happy to say that 10 years later we're still going strong!! Good luck, I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
It has stormed so much this summer. Within an hour of the accident that took Dan, there were fierce storms and tornados all around. Odd, but the storms bring a different sort of familiar comfort.
I just checked the weather. Now it says 0 percent for rain. Maybe Friday, or Sunday, but nothing on Saturday and it will be in the mid 80s all week; couldn’t ask for better weather.
Hmm…a stormy beach wedding…sounds awesome.