Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update on “Blue Like That”

Brian and Aaron Henningsen spent several hours in a Nashville studio yesterday recording the song they wrote for Dan, “Blue Like That”. Brian is now doing the main vocals with Aaron singing harmony.

If you read the lyrics posted to the left, you might notice that the words have changed just a little. Brian originally wrote this song the day of Dan’s funeral. Then fine tuned it later in his home in Tennessee.

I love the new revisions. Lines like;

“Built machines made for flying and you out grew your clothes
And the girls would line up ‘round the block, I suppose
Just to gaze deeply into those eyes-- so blue

And they’d never seen blue like that
Yeah, they’d never seen blue like that
Like a faraway place that a girl could get lost in”

And

“No, we’d never seen blue like that
It’s a sadness that hurts you down deep in your bones
We’d never seen blue quite like that”

One line changes now in the chorus to underscore the meaning of the preceding verse.

The plan is still as I understand it, to put this song all over the internet for a dollar download.

I will keep you posted. No doubt I will have available here if possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda
I have been waiting, as I am sure many have, for an update on Dan's song. I look forward to hearing it again.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Paula Jean

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

I have had a very hard time finding the words to say to you. I love you and Mike so much and I have been feeling only a fraction of your pain and it is at times mind numbing, but when I read your words my heart lightens and I faith is renewed over and over!!

I must say that I have never in my life been to a funeral that I actually felt better when I left than when I got there. Please don't take that wrong. God's loving arms were in that room and I felt it and it was comforting, and I knew without a doubt Danny was where he was meant to be in His time.

I also know that it is much more difficult for you and Mike to move on but I see you doing it in your words and faith!

I can hardly wait to hear that song again!! I am so looking forward to it!! It fit so perfectly to your description of Danny.

I will continue to pray for you and yours as well as the Binions! I would really like to know how Sam did after his last surgery! I feel like I know all of them, even though I don't.

Thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts and feelings and most of all your Faith!

Love to all!
Dawn Renee

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Don’t worry honey; there really aren’t any words to describe how any of us feel. It is simply the unthinkable.

About the funeral, I know exactly what you mean. When Mike and I left the funeral, we sat in the car, stunned and overwhelmed. I told Mike that if there was such thing as a beautiful funeral—we had it. You said it right. God’s love was so real you could feel it in the room.

Good to know you’re watching the blog, It’s comforting to see Paula and Brenda’s posts as well.

I will call Karin in the morning and get an update on Sam to post on the church site.

Love,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

HI RHONDA!
SO GLAD THE SONG IS COMING ALONG! I LOOK ALMOST EVERYDAY ON THE WEB SITE TO SEE IF THEY HAVE PUT THE SONG ON THERE YET! THE CHANGES WERE PERFECT, AND THE SONG IS SO FITTING FOR DAN! I HAVE A LETTER I WILL SEND TO YOU IN YOUR EMAIL, YOU CAN SHARE IT ON HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE. I HAVE A CLOSE FRIEND THAT LOST HER DAUGHTER, AND I THINK OF HER AND DAN BOTH WHEN I READ IT, SHE IS THE ONE THAT GAVE IT TO ME, TO SEND TO YOU! HOPE YOU ENJOY!
DAWN SAID HER HEART LIGHTENS WHEN SHE READS YOUR ARTICLES, IT DOES MINE ALSO. I THINK OF YOU EVERYMORNING, IN YOUR GARDEN, AND HOPE THAT GOD IS BY YOUR SIDE AS WELL AS DAN, HELPING YOU THROUGH ANOTHER DAY.
LOVE YOU & MIKE AN ALL THE CLAN!
BRENDA SUE